McDermott Will & Emery’s Inside SALT blog provides in-depth coverage of the issues surrounding constantly changing state and local tax laws, and offers clarity to the particular state and local tax concerns that may impact your business.
McDermott has one of the largest and most diversified state and local tax (SALT) legal practices in the US. Our lawyers possess in-depth knowledge of tax laws and have the experience and judgment necessary to provide advice and advocacy of the highest caliber. We identify and develop coordinated, cross-jurisdictional solutions for businesses wherever they are subject to existing or potential taxes and work closely with our many state and local contacts in various departments of revenue and with legislators to resolve tax issues.
Our tax team has repeatedly earned top rankings by leading industry and legal publications. We have been named “Law Firm of the Year” in Tax Law and Tax Litigation by US News-Best Lawyers, “North American Tax Firm of the Year” by International Tax Review and “Tax Practice Group of the Year” by Law360. Chambers USA and The Legal 500 have also singled out our practice and individual lawyers for recognition.
If you have questions or topic suggestions, please let us know via the Contact form, or reach out to one of our editors directly.
- Maryland Digital Advertising Services Tax—Implementation Delay Likely
- Wisconsin Court of Appeals Rules That Department Cannot Deny John Deere DRD Because of the Department’s Prior Guidance on Foreign Distributions
- Maryland Sued over Digital Advertising “Tax”
- Maryland Enacts First Digital Advertising Services Gross Receipts Tax: Now What?
- DC Council Expands False Claims Act to Tax Claims