McDermott Will & Emery’s Inside SALT blog provides in-depth coverage of the issues surrounding constantly changing state and local tax laws, and offers clarity to the particular state and local tax concerns that may impact your business.
McDermott has one of the largest and most diversified state and local tax (SALT) legal practices in the US. Our lawyers possess in-depth knowledge of tax laws and have the experience and judgment necessary to provide advice and advocacy of the highest caliber. We identify and develop coordinated, cross-jurisdictional solutions for businesses wherever they are subject to existing or potential taxes and work closely with our many state and local contacts in various departments of revenue and with legislators to resolve tax issues.
Our tax team has repeatedly earned top rankings by leading industry and legal publications. We have been named “Law Firm of the Year” in Tax Law and Tax Litigation by US News-Best Lawyers, “North American Tax Firm of the Year” by International Tax Review and “Tax Practice Group of the Year” by Law360. Chambers USA and The Legal 500 have also singled out our practice and individual lawyers for recognition.
If you have questions or topic suggestions, please let us know via the Contact form, or reach out to one of our editors directly.
- Tax That DC?!?! FCA Suit on Residency Brings Business Intelligence Company into the Crosshairs
- Fatally Flawed? Illinois Municipal League’s Model Streaming Subscription Tax
- New Mexico Proposes Regulations Addressing Gross Receipts Tax Treatment of Digital Advertising Services
- Pennsylvania Cuts Corporate Tax Rate, Makes Other Changes to Corporate Tax Law
- Seattle Payroll Expense Tax Upheld by State Appellate Court